MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

Please introduce yourself here and tell us a little about you.  We have a lot of people who are doing GRAPE Camp asynchronously this time, so I'm sure you would all like to meet each other.  This is the place to do so.

Views: 296

Replies to This Discussion

Linda, we're happy to have you.  How exciting that you'll be graduating in August.  I visited A&M Commerce about 2 years ago.  I'm sure you'll enjoy a career in higher ed.

Hello,

My name is Pete Headd and I'm an instructional designer at the Whitman School of Management at Syracuse University in upstate New York. I'm a former K-12 classroom teacher who has made the leap to higher education and I've been in in the field of faculty support and instructional design for a decade now. I've joined this initiative so that I can interact with other ID's and educators outside of my region. I'm eager to see lots of interesting course designs and to meet people and hear their ideas about instructional design and pedagogy.

Great, Pete.  I think you'll be right at home with our Faculty Development Editorial Board.  You might be interested in the MERLOT Pedagogy Portal, too.  We created this to help faculty with teaching primarily online classes:  http://pedagogy.merlot.org/

I am Kimberly Phillips-Hoyle which is a mouthful so just call me Kim! I am a graduate student at TX A&M University Commerce in Global eLearning. I am currently taking my first two courses in my quest for my masters.

I'm excited to learn more about the peer review process as well as the materials available for use in my classroom on MERLOT.

I am also an 8th grade US History teacher in Irving, TX. I'm going into my 8th year as a middle school teacher and have taught English as well as World Cultures and TX History. I really enjoy my school as I have one to one iPads in my classroom and we use Project Based Learning to facilitate our students' learning. I love this approach because it makes them actually think instead of just memorizing and giving back facts. I;m also a member of the leadership team and involved in training other teachers for the district and my campus.

My husband and I just adopted a 5 month old little girtl as well, so life is a bit hectic in my household these days especially since this is our first (and probably only) human child...I have to count the bulldog and chiweenie, of course!

Hi, Kimberly:

Wow, you have a lot going on right now!  It sounds as if your school is very progressive.  You will find a lot of materials in MERLOT, even for middle schoolers.

And congratulations on the adoption.  You're in for a whirlwind experience. They are so much fun, though. I am thoroughly enjoying my almost 2 year old granddaughter.  I had a boy, so all the frilly stuff and dolls are great.

Greetings,

My name is Beatriz Flores-Martinez, very nice to make your acquaintances.  Currently, I live in Laredo, TX and work at Laredo Community College as the Mathematics Tutor Coordinator for the Learning Enrichment Center and TRiO Student Support Services.  

Overall, my goal is to complete my Master of Science in Global eLearning, for which I have completed 5/6th of the program and I’m currently in enrolled in my last term.  Once I accomplish the goal of obtaining a Master’s Degree I hope to one day become an International Business and Communications and/or Mathematics Instructor in a Higher Education Institution. 

I look forward to learn more from the research contents in Merlot.

Thank you,

Beatriz

Hola, Beatriz:

Bienvenidos a GRAPE Camp!  Between both of your interests (international business and math), you'll find a lot of materials in MERLOT.  I know our Math Editorial Board will welcome having you as a MERLOT Peer Reviewer.

Greetings,

My name is Beatriz Flores-Martinez, very nice to make your acquaintances.  Currently, I live in Laredo, TX and work at Laredo Community College as the Mathematics Tutor Coordinator for the Learning Enrichment Center and TRiO Student Support Services.  

Overall, my goal is to complete my Master of Science in Global eLearning, for which I have completed 5/6th of the program and I’m currently in enrolled in my last term.  Once I accomplish the goal of obtaining a Master’s Degree I hope to one day become an International Business and Communications and/or Mathematics Instructor in a Higher Education Institution. 

I look forward to learn more from the research contents in Merlot.

Thank you,

Beatriz

Hello everyone, 

My name is Johanna L'herisson and I am currently a graduate student at Texas A&M University - Commerce. I am enrolled in the Global eLearning program with a scheduled completion date of December 2013. Although late in joining Grape camp, I am excited about the opportunity to become a peer reviewer on Merlot.

Aside from my education, I currently work with Rosetta Stone as an English Studio Coach for their online courses. This position is my first in the field of eLearning. I am not sure what I would like to do in the future because I feel that I have a lot to offer, but nothing that fits exactly into a specific field. I enjoy technology and eLearning, education, music (I am a classically trained vocalist), crafting and baking. I can only see where life takes me, God willing; In the meantime, I will learn as much as I can from everyone I meet. 

Hi, Johanna: 

Welcome.  I think the Global eLearning program is terrific.  And you are so close to completion.  I'm familiar with Rosetta Stone, but not sure I know what an English Studio Coach would do.  And I envy you being able to sing.  I can carry a tune, but I have no strength in my voice.  So sad!  Please let me know if you have any questions.

My name is Brittany Davis, I am a graduate student at Texas A&M University-Commerce studying Global E-learning. This is my first semester in the program. I currently work for a University, working state reports and coordinating graduation. I plan to stay in higher education at the completion of this program, however I am uncertain as to what area specifically.

Hi, Brittany:

I just replied to Johanna who is finishing up that program in December, and here you are in the first semester!  It's really a great program. I know Rick Lamadue has used MERLOT a lot in that program.

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service