MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

Please take this opportunity to introduce yourself here and tell us a little about you.  We have many people who are partcipating asynchronously, so it will help them as well as help you to know what other types of people are going through GRAPE Camp.  It's another form of networking and you might find some connections.

Views: 312

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Cathy,

I look forward to the opportunity.

Florence

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jessica Fernandez and I'm an Instructional Designer as well as an Online Instructor at Indian River State College in Florida.

I've been an instructional designer for over 2 years and have taught online for over 6 years. The subjects I've taught include critical thinking, foundations of online learning, ESL, and professional development for faculty. I also taught high school business education for 5 years.

I'm very excited to part of this course.

Jessica Fernandez

We're happy to have you, Jessica.  Everything slows down a little at this time of year, so it may be awhile until you get a response from anyone else.

I'm thinking that perhaps the Faculty Development Editorial Board would be where you would be reviewing.

I hope you had a Merry Christmas and of course a great upcoming 2015!

Hello Jessica,

Its great to meet you. As Cathy said, it has been a slow time... I hope that you are enjoying a happy holiday season. All the very best to everyone for 2015.

Flo

Thanks, Cathy, for the great seminars to help us get started with reviewing for MERLOT!

I am Carol Wake, Professor of Biology at South Dakota State University. I have taught general biology and general botany, both with labs, for several years on campus, and for the past 8 years I have been teaching several biology courses online.

Presently, I am teaching Human Biology, Biology of Aging, General Genetics, and Biology of Dinosaurs (to present scientific methods and evolution in an engaging format), all one-semester, non-lab, online classes, using the Desire-2-Learn course delivery system.

As an online instructor, I am always looking for interactive learning resources for my classes, and MERLOT has always been a great asset!  I am looking forward to working with the editors on the reviews of new resources!

I also really appreciated the flexible, asynchronous capabilities of your recorded sessions, Cathy! This has been a huge help with a busy end-of-the-semester schedule!

Talk to you soon,

Carol

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Carol  You sound as if you have a pretty good mastery of biology with all the classes you teach.  And, a lot of experience in teaching online.  Our biology editorial board is very active and I know they will appreciate your help with reviews.

This is indeed a very busy time of year.  Hopefully the high pressure time is now over and you can relax before you start up classes again.

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service