MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

Please introduce yourself here so everyone participating in GRAPE Camp can get acquainted.  You are welcome to share any information you want.  You can also ask questions here.

Views: 435

Replies to This Discussion

I am Beverly Wood, Assistant Professor of Mathematics at Indian River State College in Fort Pierce, Florida.  Statistics Education is my primary research interest and I teach Introductory Statistics every semester in addition to courses in the algebra to calculus track.

Hi, Beverly, welcome.  Folks, I didn't get the link to the webinar in time to get Beverly to attend.  However, she will be joining us next week.

Beverly, you will have the choice between the Math and Statistics Editorial Boards.  As I mentioned during the live session, the statistics board is run by CAUSE.

I look forward to talking with you next week.

I feel most "expert" in statistics.  Although I've used MERLOT resources before (in stats), I would not have thought of being a reviewer if it weren't for Michelle Everson that I connected with through CAUSE.

Well, then, statistics it will be.  :-)

Ellen Gundlach is now the Editor and she'll be so happy to hear that.

Hi everyone,

My name is Sydney Herndon and I am in my first term in the Global eLearning program through the Texas A&M University at Commerce. 

I work for an educational software company that helps teachers and administrators at the K-12 level improve and monitor student behavior. My background includes teaching Industrial Technology to high school students and working in Special Education Instructional and Assistive Technology. 

In my spare time, my husband and I keep bees. Last summer was our first year. This year we have expanded the number of hives, and the experiment grows! I'm always amazed at the work these little girls do every time I inspect the hive.

I look forward to learning more about MERLOT.

Hi, Sydney:

You have a very interesting spare time activity.  Great for you to do.  Do you sell the honey or just use a lot?

I think our Teacher Education Editorial Board would be a good fit for you. I assume you are doing the Self Study GRAPE Camp.  Hopefully you can use this discussion to meet some of the other people going through.  You can also go to the top listing of GRAPE Camp and read comments from those who participated in previous sessions.

http://voices.merlot.org/group/grapecamp/forum

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks, Cathy. I will be doing Self Study.

We only got enough honey last year, one hive, to give a small bottle to our friends and family. I don't think we will ever get to the point to sell the honey, but I will never say never!

Thanks and have a good weekend,

Sydney

I am Sheila Crook-Lockwood an Assistant Professor of Nursing at Upper Iowa University. I teach out of our Cedar Rapids, IA center. I teach in both the hybrid and online modalities. I look forward to learning the peer review process.

Good to have you, Sheila. As I said during the session, our Editor of Health Sciences will appreciate the help.  Glad to talk to you on Tuesday.

My name is Christa Steffens and I am an Assistant Professor of Nursing at Upper Iowa University.  I teach courses in the RN-BSN program in both online and hybrid formats.  My area of expertise is community/public health nursing.  I look forward to this wonderful opportunity to be a peer reviewer for MERLOT.

Crista, I've mentioned before that it is great to have you in GRAPE Camp.  Tomorrow will be a big day, as there will be a lot of information covered.  We're happy you decided to participate.

Hi!  My name is Allison Grayev - I'm an Assistant Professor at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.  I am a NeuroRadiologist by training and am involved in teaching at multiple levels from preclinical students to subspecialty fellows.  I am the course co-director for the Integrated Medical Anatomy course - which is what peaked my interest in MERLOT initially...

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service