MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

Please introduce yourself here so everyone participating in GRAPE Camp can get acquainted.  You are welcome to share any information you want.  You can also ask questions here.

Views: 435

Replies to This Discussion

Cathy,

I will be collecting qualitative data through one-on-one interviews.

Nice to meet you!

Lynn

Well that makes sense!  I'd be interested in knowing if any of them use MERLOT or if they mention it.  I look forward to hearing your general results.

Hello Everyone 

I'm Jeffery Byrd, Professor of Art at the University of Northern Iowa.  I teach Art, Art History and Humanities courses.  I've never worked with Merlot before so I am looking forward to learning new things!

Hi, Jeffery.  Welcome.  I'm sure you'll enjoy finding out about all the resources we have in MERLOT. And we'll appreciate your interest in peer reviewing.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Brenda Canning. I am an Associate Professor (although the title does not become official until the fall semester) in the Business Management Department at Springfield College in Springfield MA. I primarily teach Accounting, Finance along with other quantitative business courses I discovered MERLOT through the SLOAN-C Program and cannot wait to begin utilizing the resources for my classes this fall. I am also excited about completing the GRAPE camp and becoming a reviewer. 

I am hoping to fit the live session in this coming week.

Hi, Brenda, we're happy to have you.  And I can tell you that the Associate Editor of Accounting, Susan Moncada, will be delighted to see a new reviewer.

It's so good to hear that Sloan-C continues to spread the word about MERLOT.  I know we have a lot of resources...a lot of them peer reviewed...in Accounting.  We've been reviewing accounting materials since 2000.

Hello!  I am April Sanders - Assistant Prof at Spring Hill College in Education Dept - my specific area of focus is literacy and the New Literacies.  I teach courses related to literacy and technology.

Hi, April, Welcome.  Although you are in the College of Education, most of our literacy materials (and I'm assuming you are talking about Information Literacy) are found in our Library and Information Services area.  Please look at some of those resources to determine if that is the right fit for you.

Hi Cathy and all

My name is Gennette “Gen” Clacken and I hail from Kingston Jamaica, the home of Usain Bolt and Jerk Chicken.

I am currently the Vice Principal – Academics,  of a small tertiary institution operated by the my country’s National Training Agency (HEART Trust/NTA). I have been teaching for 20 years and I specialize in teacher education, instructional design and online teaching/learning.

I am married with no children (yet) and no pets and I am very excited about this MERLOT GRAPE experience.  I am looking for ways to impact my society (global or otherwise) and this is real opportunity for me.

Hi, Gen.  I think you named the two things Jamaica is most famous for.  Except maybe Bob Marley.  :-)

I'm sure you'll find a lot of materials in your specializations.  You'll probably have a hard time deciding between Teacher Education and Faculty Development (which is where you will find instructional design and online teaching).  You might want to look at the available materials in each category.  You don't have to decide until after you finish GRAPE Camp.

My name is Gloria Barron and I am an instructional designer at Montgomery College, Maryland.

Due to the holiday I had a late start but have been able to catch up to complete the first part of this training.

My background includes a BS in Computer Information Systems and master's degree in education.  This combination of skills has proven very useful in my area of expertise which is to design and develop professional development training for faculty both online and in the classroom. 

I look forward to working with you on this project.

Gloria Barron 

Hi, Gloria:

Thank you for the introduction.  Obviously, from your interests and background, I think you would be ideally suited for our Faculty Development collection and reviewing for the FD Editorial Board.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service