MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

Please use this forum to introduce yourself and meet others who are participating in GRAPE Camp, either in the live session or asynchronously. Who knows who you may meet in this forum?

You can also ask questions here and I will answer them.

Views: 275

Replies to This Discussion

Hello,

My name is Stephani Cuddie, I am a program manager for several online degrees at Florida Tech. I also teach a computer literacy and research course to online and on-campus students. My true passion lies in professional development for online teaching.

I am participating in GRAPE camp as I enjoy using the MERLOT site and want to be able to give something back.

I look forward to an exciting GRAPE Camp and getting to know everyone!

Welcome, Stephani.  I know the faculty development editorial board will welcome your expertise.  If you have any questions as you go through GRAPE Camp, please let me know.  You can ask questions in this forum, too.

Hello Stephani,

My name is Ida looking forward to working with you in the GRAPE camp..

HI, I'm Lesley Farmer, a professor of library media at CSU Long Beach. I coordinate the librarianship program there, and serve as ASEC department chair. I am now starting to direct the CSU ICT initiative to build out the ICT MERLOT collection, and help faculty incorporate ICT into their curriculum. You can see a list of my books at Amazon and go to my low-tech UROL: www.csulb.edu/~lfarmer

Hi, Lesley, and welcome.  We have a number of materials in the Library collection, so I hope you are already enjoying those.  I am also speaking at the TLA conference in Houston next April.  If you're going to be there, I hope we can connect!

Hello,

My name is Jaime Hannans and I am a Professor in Nursing at CSU Channel Islands. I am participating asynchronously but am catching up on everything quickly! I look forward to peer-reviewing materials and getting familiar with Merlot! Great resource, and I have enjoyed the training so far.

Jaime

Hi, Jaime.  Welcome.  I know Jeanne Sewell, the Editor of Health Sciences, will welcome you with open arms.  She is also a nursing professor.  If you have any questions as any time, please let me know.

Hello,
My name is Keith Feigenson. I am a Psychology professor at Albright College in Reading, PA. I am participating asynchronously, but am keeping up with the homework. I like using Merlot and look forward to the chance to contribute. Thanks!

Welcome, Keith.  I'm glad you're able to keep up.  Our Psychology Editorial Board is very active and I know they'll appreciate having another peer reviewer.  If you have any questions, just post them here.

My name is Dorina Tila, I am an Assistant Professor at Kingsborough Community College and Embry Riddle Aeronautical University.  I teach in-class and online course in Economics, both at undergraduate and graduate levels.  I used to be skeptical of online courses, but since I taught my first online course, I was very happy with it.  Now, my goal is to develop my professional skills for online teaching.

I am participating in GRAPE camp and I look forward to using the MERLOT site.

I look forward to an exciting GRAPE Camp and getting to know everyone!

Regards,

Dorina

Welcome, Dorina.  I felt the same as you when I was approached about teaching online.  Ended up loving it.  And I'm excited about another peer reviewer in Economics.  We have a GREAT need.

Hi everyone, I'm Christina Hendricks, and I teach Philosophy at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, BC, Canada. I am a big fan and advocate of open educational resources, and am excited to be able to help by learning to do peer reviews. One of the things I hear a lot is that people fear that open educational resources aren't of very good quality, and having peer reviews is an important way to show which ones ARE of good quality (and that many, in fact, are so). I was out of town without internet access the first week, but am catching up.

I am particularly interested in the Philosophy working group that Cathy mentioned in the week 2 synchronous session. Cathy, can you connect me with them?

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service