MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

Could you let me know what software you use while finding the cheating of students ?

Views: 281

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the video. I find it useful.

jes extender

buy tava tea

buy cho yung tea

cho yung

Our university uses Turnitin predominately, but many faculty will also run material through the Google Scholar program for another review. Also in the past faculty have used EVE 2.0, but I am not sure how up-to-date and efective that program is, just not used it in a year or more.

This is interesting and i now a lot of cheating takes place in Kenyan academic institutions in the field of research- the idea of google scholar is exciting and  promising. How do you run the Google scholar? i have not used it- i will give a trial

I have been asking students to email me their papers and I just take random lines from their papers and do a simple Google search. I have caught a few students using this technique.  I also tell them ahead of time that this is what I am going to do and this intimidates them not to cheat.

We use TurnItIn; the link for uploading is embedded in our online courserooms, so if I read that paper that's "uneven" (patches of good writing interspersed with poor writing", or some phrases look too familiar, I load up the entire original paper-

I use TurnItIn.com and for some assignments, send the whole kit 'n' caboodle, so everyone's paper is checked. Othertimes I'll only send in someone's work if I suspect the writing isn't theirs or it seems familiar.

Lately, Turnitn hasn't been catching some things. A simple Google search using a few suspect phrases can often net a match.

It's sad how many students, once caught, say "I didn't mean to do it." Yeah, right, you didn't mean to copy 50% of a paper?

thanks for the information

Jamie

Ask for your for Georgia life insurance or any lawyers for20 year term life insurance

Yes, we've used Turnitin too, but found that it was good for about 95% of the students, the other 5% were devising ways to cheat it. Thanks.

<a href=" http://www.document-scanner-reviews.com/document-scanner-reviews-we...

What's really interesting is when we use the Epson WorkForce Pro GT-S50 Document Scanner Review to filter out all the cheaters.

Works like a charm.

thanks for the video

Ask for your for life insurance diabetes
from your California life insurance

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service