MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

Please introduce yourself here and tell us about yourself. This helps us network with each other.

Views: 356

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Cathy and fellow Grape Camp members,

I am Dina Kurzweil.  I have a Ph.D. in  Education.  Specialize in curriculum and instruction.

Hi, Dina:

I'm sure our Faculty Development board will welcome you. Unless, of course, you have an area of specialization. Its completely up to you.

Educational leadership would work well. 

Dina 

Unfortunately, we don't have an Editorial Board in Educational Leadership. The two closest are Teacher Education and Faculty Development.

Welcome - Dina

Thank you

Hello. My name is Heather Payne. I teach online in Business at the Associate and Bachelor's level and am in charge of accreditation, regulatory reporting and publications at my college. I started the last GRAPE camp but ended up in the middle of initial accreditation site visits for five campuses so had to step out. I'm glad to be back and looking forward to completing this GRAPE camp.

And we're happy to have you back, Heather. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Please use the space below to introduce yourself to others. You can also read what others have had to say about GRAPE Camp and their experiences.

Hi,

My name is Mollye Russell and I am an instructor of Speech Communication (also known as Communication Studies) at Baton Rouge Community College. I'm excited to be participating in GRAPE camp this summer and have already found many resources on MERLOT to include in my courses for the Fall!

I'm glad to hear you've found resources, Mollye. Keep in mind that you can also add resources that you have created or that you use in class. I'm sure our Communication Sciences and Disorders Editorial Board will be happy to have you. Or, am I misunderstanding that and you teach Communication classes. We can talk about it.

Cathy,

I teach communication courses-- interpersonal communication, nonverbal communication, public speaking, etc. Speech Communication is the name of our department at BRCC.  We are advocating for the name change to Communication Studies, as many confuse Speech Communication with Communication Sciences and Disorders. 

MR

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service