MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

Cathy Swift, Invited Webinar Speaker for the LA Faculty Development Lab.
Hi. My Name is Moustapha, Mous for friends. WELCOME to the LOUISIANA VOICES Group.

This group is created to promote (1) a discussion around Open Education Resources (OER) and the MERLOT Collection of OER, and (2) the creation of a social network around OER and its integration in higher education in Louisiana. This online discussion aims to engage Webinar participants in meaningful pre/post activities and discussions. Please react to the Discussions Questions proposed below by Dr. cathy Swift, our Webinar presenter and myself.

Please join the conversations.

Moustapha

About Cathy Swift:

Dr. Cathy O, Swift is the Director of Academic Partner Services at MERLOT. She received a B.S. in Marketing at Penn State, MBA at Indiana University, and Ph.D. at University of North Texas. She has published over 30 journal articles and numerous proceedings. Until four years ago, she was a Professor of Marketing at Georgia Southern University and received the Outstanding Georgia WebMBA Faculty Award, College of Business Administration Award for Sustained Excellence, College of Business Administration Professor of the Year Award, University Award for Teaching Excellence, and COBA Award for Teaching Excellence. She has worked part time on MERLOT since 1999 as Editor of the Business discipline as well as Manager of the Editorial Boards. She started working full time on the MERLOT project in June 2006. Her research interests are in the areas of online teaching, teaching pedagogy and international business.

Views: 669

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

TO MEMBER OF THIS SOCIAL COMMUNITY -
Please introduce yourself. We would like to know about you are and your affiliations.
Thank You!
Hello, my name is Marie Correa, i come from Senegal, i am teaching Wolof at Southern University Baton Rouge as a Fulbright Foreign Language Assistant, i have been Learning with Dr. Diack how to design a course online in view of designing a Wolof online course
Hi, Marie: Welcome to MERLOT. I found one site on MERLOT that may be of assistance to you in your teaching: LangMedia, which has a section called, "French and Wolof in Senegal." It could be helpful to your students, as there are even videos.
Hi Cathy
I visited the LangMedia section and found it very interesting, i will used it with my students.
Thank you
Thank you Marie. I am available for any help you may need. (About the QM translation - Please call)
Hi, Cher: Welcome. I know we have plenty of resources in Mathematics in MERLOT, so please use them.
Also, I would advise that you visit the Faculty Development portal. You may find information relevant to your research.
I am Esperanza Zenon. I am a faculty member at Baton Rouge Community College. I am a peer reviewer for MERLOT. I am also on the Teacher Education editorial board for MERLOT. I am particularly interested in the work that MERLOT is doing on virtual worlds.
Hi Dr. Zenon. I know you have been advocate of MERLOT in the State of LA. I also suggest that you join the LA MERLOT group. We certainly need fresh blood and inspiration.

For the virtual world, I am looking forward to knowing more and I believe it will be a good community for Louisianians. As you may know the University of New Orleans hosted its 2nd Conference on Virtual World (SL) this week. It was a great conference. We have now in Louisiana, with UNO leadership, many institutional islands (UNO, Tulane, SUNO,....) on Second Life.
Hi, Esperanza: I'm glad to see that you are already peer reviewing for Teacher Ed. Regarding the Virtual Worlds effort, we have had one conference call to discuss a typology. We have a place in Voices where we've been discussing the categories for virtual worlds: http://voices.merlot.org/group/virtualworldstaskforce

If you're interested in participating, you certainly are welcome. Just let me know.
my name is kim uddo and I teach nursing. I have completed fielding's teaching in the virtual classroom and the Quality Matters course on application of the rubric. Now I need to grow and am looking forward to my relationship with merlot.

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service