MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

I'm getting to the astronomy section of earth science in my class. I was wondering what others may be doing/have done in their own classrooms that worked really well. I have a regular education class and a special education class I'm teaching this material to and I'm looking for some help developing more lessons and possibly labs.

Views: 373

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is nice to use a quality material and illustrations to understand this subject well. 

Trina

nono hair removal

What I love astronomy is the unsolve mystery.

cheap cho yung tea

cho yung tea

cho yung tea where to buy

tava tea

Hi Catherine,

I really had a great time attending your classes on Astronomy. Keep up the good work!

Regards,

Christine

how to get my ex back

breast actives

matt carter rapid profit formula

how to treat eczema

We have found that useful resources at the Hayden Planetarium in New York.  The planetarium personnel have been very helpful in providing source materials, as well as advice on astronomy events that we are able to work into our curriculum.  Hope that helps Good luck, Skyler.

my credit score | get my credit score | triple credit score | buy movie tickets online.

Not sure what to suggest, I didn't have it in school, wish I did.  More teachers should get involved with it.

Steve

buy african mango

Catherine,

I normally use the astronomy section to either go on a field trip to the nearest planetarium or at the very least get the old reliable audio-visual materials out.
Document Scanner Reviews
Good luck,
Bernadette
The Hayden planatarium is actually running a terrific lecture series titled "The Frontiers in Astrophysics Lecture Series", featuring speakers such as Ray Jayawardhana, Joe Rao, Nancy Ellen Abrams and Joel R. Primack.  You might want to work these lectures into your curriculum. Good luck.  1000 calorie diets | tarjeta de debito | buy movie tickets | no no hair removal

online astronomy is trending nowadays

Check your vibration white finger claims and industrial injury claims at work; look for  an accident at work solicitor

I think one of the best ways to teach astronomy is to take the students on an excursion to the local planetarium. That's what I'd do in London. It's an exciting way to learn about the stars and planets.

Karim

Men need to visit penis health review for up-to-date, crucial enlargement info

Catherine,

I forgot to mention that at least once a year we do a nighttime (around 10pm) little field trip, actually out on the 50 yard line of the football field.  I try to get as many students and their parents to come out and star gaze.  Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300 Document Scanner Review is a helpful tool as well.

Good luck,

Bernadette

Try to let your students watch an astronomy film. works great on me.

uniquehoodia | jura c5 | revitol scar cream

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service