MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

Hi, Everyone:

Because a number of people are completing GRAPE Camp asynchronously, we want to give everyone an opportunity to express his/her views.  Please introduce yourself, tell us something about yourself, and let us know the reasons you are attending GRAPE Camp.

Views: 123

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for joining us, Shermon.  I forgot to mention the Phillippines when I mentioned this globalized GRAPE Camp! 

Hi everyone!

I am Sunita Kumari, faculty at St. Petersburg College Florida.......A native from Singapore and loves exploring the online educational world. Hope to learn as well as contribute fruitfully to MERLOT......I've used MERLOT's RLOS since 2007!......cool stuff......always saw Cathy's name and finally got to hear her and see her pic on this site.......I teach Principles of Macro and Micro online using Angel LMS.....Go learning!

Hi, Sunita.  Welcome.  I'm sure you know Jim Rutledge at St. Petersburg.  He has been instrumental as Editor of Math Editorial Board.  We're happy to have you.
Thank you, Cathy. Yes, I've seen him and heard of him, but not exactly talked to him :)
Well, he is your residential expert, and has been with MERLOT for over ten years.
Wow! That's cool....I'll be sure to meet up with him.....he is also on another campus.....Thanks!

Hello,

My name is Taj'ullah Sky Lark, I am a doctoral candidate in Higher Ed Admin at Hampton University in Virgina. My research interest are in Diversity & Equity in Education. I have been in the field of education as an educator/administrator since 1979. I am currently a director of alternative education and an adult ed instructor. I am attending the GRAPE camp because I would like to become a peer reviewer and it is important that journals have a diverse peer review boards not just in educational backgrounds, but also diverse in gender, race, and culture as well.

Welcome, Tajullah.  You'll find that the peer review of teaching materials is similar to that of journal articles.  However, there are a lot of differences.  You'll find those through attending GRAPE Camp.  Welcome aboard.

Hi There,

I guess this is better late than never.

I am a speech language pathologist who is working on a doctorate in culturally linguistically diverse special education. I am also teaching entry level special education classes for Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, Arizona.

I have really enjoyed the opportunity to learn some new skills in order to become a peer reviewer. Thanks to Cathy Swift for creating and presenting this training!

We're happy to have you, Carol.  I think our new Editorial Board, Communication Sciences and Disorders would be just right for you!

I am looking forward to working on that board.  Carol Dudding mentioned MERLOT and peer review opportunities last November.

Great.  Just get back to me with the request and I'll put you in touch with them.

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service