MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

Hi, Everyone:

Because a number of people are completing GRAPE Camp asynchronously, we want to give everyone an opportunity to express his/her views.  Please introduce yourself, tell us something about yourself, and let us know the reasons you are attending GRAPE Camp.

Views: 123

Replies to This Discussion

How do I make a request?
I just sent you another email.

I am sorry Cathy, but I am the victim of too many email accounts and flagging memory. 

I finished the training and submitted the peer review to my workspace.  Do I need to officially request that I want to be considered by the communication disorders board? I guess I am foggy on the next step. i apologize.

I sent this to:  captket@aol.com

Hi, Carol:

I am attaching your Peer Review on which I added a few comments.  These are just suggestions for your benefit.  You don’t need to change anything, as these are just practice reviews.  As soon as I look at them, I delete them from Workspace.

I’d like to ask your cooperation in just a few more things.

1. Could you please go to the following site and complete a quick evaluation of the GRAPE Camp? 

http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=ncb6k1d4sed25vk87...

1. Please email me back with the following information:
    1. Your major area of emphasis, so we can assign you to the correct Editorial Board.
    2. Your mailing address so we can send your official certificate of completion of the GRAPE Camp.

Thanks again for your patience and contributions to the GRAPE Camp!  Good luck in “real life” peer reviewing.  Remember that I am always here if you have any questions.

Take care.

Attachments:
Hello, I am Sam Harding, Senior Lecturer in Land based Sciences, teaching undergrads.  I am enjoying Grape Camp enormously and looking forward to developing my skills, particularly in elearning as this becomes increasingly important.I am resident in the UK, so am doing this asynchronously because of the time difference.  I would love to know if there are any other British Grape Campers out there?  Thanks to Cathy Swift for making everything so clear and interesting.
Hi, Sam.  We've certainly had some others from the U.K. go through GRAPE Camp,  Hopefully someone will respond to your request.

Hello!  I am Doug Gilbert from the University of Phoenix, Colorado Campus. Currently I serve as Chair of Graduate Business for the Colorado Campus.   Our graduate business programs include the Master of Business Administration, Master of Science in Accountancy, Master of Public Administration, and Master of Management.

My interest in GRAPE stems from the eternal need to provide my faculty with new ideas for improving quality in the classroom through better instruction and content. 

Welcome, Doug.  You'll find that we have a wide variety of Business materials in MERLOT, since we were one of the original disciplines.  Hopefully your faculty will find a lot of new ideas with what we have to offer.
Hello all! My name is Tammy Esteves and I am a professor in the Master of Public Administration program at Troy University. I had the pleasure of attending the MERLOT Mid-year Leadership Council meeting for our director of eCampus, Deb Gearhart, and learned about the amazing resources available through MERLOT. I just recently did a MERLOT training for our faculty to encourage their participation as well. I've been teaching online since before teaching online was cool :-) I'm also one of those faculty members who can truly appreciate these sort of resources - my campus is in Troy, Alabama; my office is in Colorado Springs, CO; and I actually live in Alameda, CA. So it is great to get resources and connect with other faculty and administrators around the globe!
Welcome, Tammy.  I'm glad you're participating in GRAPE Camp and appreciate your spreading the word about MERLOT through your faculty.  I know they will find it a very rich source of materials for teaching and learning.

Hello Cathy,

I am an online professor in the teacher education program at Ashford University, Master of Education Program at Trident University, and a doctoral research mentor in Educational Leadership for Walden University. I wanted to become a peer reviewer so that I can keep up with the latest learning materials in order to enhance the effectiveness of my classes. I am also interested in becoming a program director and a course developer in the future. I believe that becoming familiar with the different types of instructional media and reviewing them will deepen my knowledge base. It was nice meeting everyone. Have a fantastic week! -Stephanie

Hi, Stephanie:

It sounds as if you came to the right place!  :-)  I think that by being active in the MERLOT Peer Review Process, you will see what types of materials are available and how others are using them.  That's why we have some Peer Reviewers who have been doing this for over 10 years!!!  They continue to learn.

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service