The 5th Annual Affordable Learning Solutions (AL$) workshop will be followed by a one day event specifically focused on the AB 798 Textbook Affordability Act's RFP.
Tuesday, March 1st
At the AL$ workshop, you will be experiencing:
- Exemplary AL$ practices and strategies throughout the CSU.
- Guidance on using systemwide AL$ services, training, and tools for your local initiatives
- Recommendations on developing a proposal to receive funding from the Chancellor’s Office to support your campus AL$ initiative.
- To receive funding, attendance by a campus representative is required.
- Last year, each campus received between $10 - $30K their local AL$ proposal.
- Attendees include faculty, librarians, library staff, academic technology staff, bookstore staff.
See attached agenda.
Wednesday, March 2nd
The AB 798 Textbook Affordability Initiatives' Regional Discussions to Prepare for State Funding Opportunities
- Listen to CA thought leaders presenting on the vision and efficacy of affordable course materials.
- Discuss with regional CCC and CSU participants the “Textbook Affordability Act's requirements” and strategies for applying for funding.
- Prepare to respond to the $50K RFP due June 30, 2016.
- Attendees include faculty, AL$ coordinators, librarians, academic technology staff
Location: Crowne Plaza, LAX
Program and register.
For any questions: email@example.com
Director, Affordable Learning Solutions