MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.  We have a number of people who are doing GRAPE Camp asynchronously and you can communicate with them this way.

Views: 580

Replies to This Discussion

Hello! I am Grace Winschel. I am a graduate student at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, getting my Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry. I enjoyed our first session of GRAPE Camp and am looking forward to the future sessions.

Hi, Grace:

Welcome.  You are the first in your class...at least the first one to post to Voices.  We're happy to have you and I know the Chemistry Editorial Board will appreciate your doing Peer Reviews for them.

Hi everyone! I'm Tammy, and I teach for Troy University in the Master of Public Administration program. Mostly I teach courses in ethics, leadership, and research methods (so probably in the business discipline area). I am currently living in Alameda, CA where my husband is stationed in the USCG, but we'll likely be reassigned somewhere this summer!

I had the privilege of representing TROY at the MERLOT mid-year meeting in Long Beach and I was very impressed with MERLOT and the commitment of its team to providing these great resources. Glad to be a part of it!

Hi, Tammy:

Welcome to GRAPE Camp.  It's a special treat for me, because we met in Long Beach.  The wonders of technology allow us to work from a distance.  You're in Alameda, CA and work for Troy.  I'm in Dallas and work for Cal State.  Don't you just love it?

We don't have a Public Administration Editorial Board, but I know the Business Editorial Board will work for you, as we have a number of applicable areas:  Leadership, Group work, Motivation, etc.  You'll be able to make a great contribution.

Hi, my name is Yvonne Bogard. I am an Instructional Designer with Regis University, College for Professional Studies. I also teach online for University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, College of Education.

I am excited to learn more about how I can use MERLOT as a resource for teaching and learning.

Yvonne

I'm glad to have you in GRAPE Camp, Yvonne.  We have a lot of resources that have to do with Instructional Design and I know the Faculty Development Editorial Board will welcome you.
Greetings Cathy and class members.  This is Dennis McGeehan.  I'm in the final stages of my Rowan University dissertation research on motivating forces to transition classroom professors to the virtual environment.  I've taken a brief leave from admin. duties as a campus dean to complete doctoral studies.  I now split time between a brick and mortar and an online teaching schedule of business courses.  As time allows I work on my old cars.  No photo available yet but I should find something in archives soon.
Hello, Dennis.  Well, at least you are in the final stages.  I don't remember dissertation writing as much of an enjoyable experience.  It's a very interesting topic, though.  And we'll certainly welcome you to help us out in Peer Reviewing Business materials!

Hi everyone,

I'm Katrin Saks from Tartu University Pärnu College, Estonia. I teach English for specific purposes to business, project management, tourism, ecosystems' and sports management students.

Merlot isn't unknown in Estonia, it has been promoted in our conferences and seminars, and there are quite many teachers and also learners who already are familiar with it.

Looking forward to the next session,
Katrin

Hello Everyone,

I am Debbie Busacco. I am happy to be part of this group. I have a PhD in audiology with a minor in gerontology. I also teach classes in healthcare. I have taught online and traditional classroom. I usually am a university administrator. Glad to meet each of you. Thanks. Debbie

Hi, Debbie.  Welcome.  I've already told our Editor of Communication Sciences and Disorders about your being in GRAPE Camp, so as soon as you finish, they will welcome you, too.
Welcome, Katrin.  I know that our Executive Director, Gerry Hanley, visited Estonia not too long ago.  I'm glad to hear about MERLOT being promoted there.  We're happy to have you as one of our international participants.

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service