MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

Please introduce yourself here and share something about yourself. We have a number of people who are participating asynchronously, and I'm sure they would like to know who else is going through GRAPE Camp. You can also ask questions here.

Views: 341

Replies to This Discussion

Hello everybody,

My name is Ramona Rendon. I am Spanish Instructor from Florida Atlantic University. I am participating in the MERLOT camp synchronously.  I love Merlot; it has too much to offer for educators and learners.

I look forward to learn more about MERLOT.

Ramona

Welcome, Ramona.  I know Laura Franklin will enjoy having you.  We have a lot of Spanish materials in MERLOT, so you'll find a lot you can use in class.

My name is Laurie Tenzer and I work in the online for-profit sector teaching web design and multimedia at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Online Division. However, my training is as an online educator, so my real discipline is Education. I am a newly minted Ed.D. having earned my doctorate on 12/4. I am in the process of looking for a tenure-track position that fits my areas of expertise in distance education. 

I am glad to be a part of MERLOT and GRAPE Camp as it affords much exposure to the many learning materials out there. The GRAPE Camp has been an interesting experience, thus far. Fortunately,  I have been able to change my schedule so that I can participate synchronously. Cathy Swift is very generous with sharing her time and know how. Thanks so much for all you do, Cathy!

Wow, Laurie, you are really "newly minted."  That was just 8 days ago.  Congratulations!  I know you will find a lot of resources that will be helpful to you in MERLOT.  We have lots of materials in Faculty Development which is where you are now.  I'll also mention the Pedagogy Portal which can be found here:  http://pedagogy.merlot.org

just checking in before class as requested.  I teach accounting at Indiana State University.

Thanks, Jeffrey

Anything you want to share with the others?

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service