MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.  We have a number of people who are doing GRAPE Camp asynchronously and you can communicate with them this way.  You can also ask questions here.

Views: 367

Replies to This Discussion

Greetings,

My name is Teri Hunt, and I am an assistant professor at Eastern Illinois University. Although I am participating asynchronously in Grape Camp, I am excited about this new opportunity.

Teri

Hi, Teri.  Welcome.  One of our Peer Reviewers is at Eastern Illinois -  Tom Moncada, in Accounting.  Also, I believe the Dallas Cowboys quarterback played there.

Welcome to GRAPE Camp.

Hi Cathy,

I have not had the opportunity to meet many people outside of my department as of yet. As soon as I got, here, I hit the pavement running. Tony Romo did play for Eastern...he's one of my favorites.

Cathy,

May I jump back in to Grape Camp? I started last summer but was unable to finish.

Absolutely!  These people are finishing up the December GRAPE Camp.  It is over and another will start in January.  Do you want to work on your own?  If so, you can go to this site:  http://contentbuilder.merlot.org/toolkit/html/stitch.php?s=97316449...

Greetings Cathy,

I have looked at five materials in my discipline, and I have left comments for the William Blake Archive, The Academy of American Poets - Teaching Poetry, WebQuest Page, Elementary English Spelling 1, After Slavery Website.

Fantastic, Teri.  Those Member Comments always help others in considering materials to use in class.

I have had a swell time viewing the training this January 2012. Thanks for the opportunity to be a Peer Reviewer. Cheers Prof. Cathy.

I'm glad to hear that, John.  We'll be happy to welcome you as a Peer Reviewer when you finish.

Thanks for the class.

Seems the bulk of the work was done last week.

So, should we send the filled copy of the assignment to you first before the next step of you sending the page to review it online?

Best.

Yes, John.  Between the 2nd and 3rd week is when most of the work is done.  I've tried to figure out how to spread it out more, but can't find a solution.

You send me an email and tell me the form is completed and I will assign you a Workspace.

Hello all,

My name is Kimberly Dyer. I am an adjunct instructor of Ancient World History at Henry Ford Community in Dearborn, MI. In addition, I am part of a group that is working on better integrating technology (specifically iPads, iPhones and other smart phone technology) into the classroom. I'm really enjoying MERLOT and the training so far. I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Regards,

Kimberly

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service