MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

Please introduce yourself here.  Tell us where you teach and also what you teach.  You can also include any other information about yourself that people may want to hear.

Remember that there are a lot of people who are attending GRAPE Camp asynchronously, so they want to hear from you, too.

Views: 405

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Paul:

Welcome, Paul.  You have a very unique specialty.  I'm hoping the History collection will provide some resources for you.  If not, perhaps you can contribute some materials you use in your classes.

I am Tameka Mills. I am a 1st semester student at TAMUC in the Global eLearning Program.

Hi, Tameka:

Welcome.  And for those of you unfamiliar with the initials, TAMUC is Texas A&M - Commerce which is about an hour northeast of Dallas.  The Global eLearning Program requires that students participate in GRAPE Camp, so we probably have some other who are enrolled also.

Hey everyone. My name is Darrell Pugh and from Austin, TX. Native Texan and proud of it. :-)

I am currently attending Texas A&M Commerce in the Masters program for Education. Have two previously earned B.S. degrees and wanting to expand on what I have learned already. This is a totally new experience for myself with this MERLOT concept, so still trying to wrap my head around it. Currently I do not teach anywhere. I work for a school district, but as a bus driver. I want to use this experience with TAMUC to help acquire a position where I can get back to teaching (adult education) as I did in the Air Force.

Hi, Darrell:

Welcome.  You don't meet too many native Texans, so I'm happy to do so.  Hopefully, you were able to see the first "tour" of MERLOT so perhaps that will help you understand MERLOT a little more.  Just let me know if you have any questions.  BTW, when I was in grad school, I drove a school bus, too.  Not the easiest job in the world!

Hello!

I have posted a Google Docs converted version online in my Google Drive account of the peer review form. It's private unless I share the link, which is: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LHMkD00q_e_uGtwtj39xbOjdQmicXJd... 

You can download and save as a Word docx if you like, or copy it into your own Google Docs/Google Drive.

I eliminated all the colored fonts- they were making me crazy, I must confess!

When everything is bright RED and BLUE and GREEN... oh boy, my eyes started to hurt. Also, the best practices I learned in terms of ADA compliance steered me away a long time ago from the use of colors online to indicate something about a block of text. (And when I thought about it, why are entire sections of the text red? The red color doesn't indicate anything particularly useful to me...like "warning", especially since so much text is red.) My tired old eyes!

OK, crotchety rant over. Enjoy! :)

I'm sorry about the colored fonts, Gabrielle.  They all do mean something different:  Blue is what is required, Red is hints for what to put in and Green is for Mobile Apps.  Maybe we should rethink that.

Oh, and are we using the same link to join the webinar tomorrow (Dec. 18, 2013) as before?  I have not heard from Cathy today...

Thanks!

Yes, same as last week.  I sent an email to everyone earlier.

Hello,

I was in the November Grape Camp and I still do not have a link for MyWorkspace on my MERLOT account. To my understanding the very last step was to post a practice peer review and get feedback, but I am unable to do so. Cathy can you help with this?

Laurie

Hi, Laurie:

The last step in GRAPE Camp is to send me an email saying that you have completed the Beginners Guide Peer Review. You now have Workspace and you should have just received an email saying that you have been assigned to the review.  As soon as you submit it, I'll look at it and get back to you.

And please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks Cathy,

I'll add the review in there and wait for your feedback.

I actually did send an email to both your outlook and merlot email addresses so I'm not sure what happened there.

Laurie

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service