MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

Please introduce yourself here and tell us a little about you.  We have a lot of people who are doing GRAPE Camp asynchronously this time, so I'm sure you would all like to meet each other.  This is the place to do so.

Views: 296

Replies to This Discussion

I'll get it started.  I'm Cathy Swift and as of May 1st, I retired from the California State University system.  I am still doing consulting so I can continue on with GRAPE Camp and some other activities.  I'm originally from Pittsburgh and am now living in McKinney, TX.  I worked in industry for awhile and then taught marketing courses at UNT and then Georgia Southern University.  I have two dogs, Maggie and Molly and volunteer for the SPCA in my spare time.  I'd like to hear more about the people participating in GRAPE Camp!

Hi all! My name is Tammy Dunnett and I have been nursing for seven years, the last four in critical care (ICU and ER).  I was in the military for the last 10 years (recently retired) and was able to enjoy several exciting opportunities as a nurse but the two that impacted me the most were Haiti post earthquake and Afghanistan.   Truly experiences I will treasure for they have given me first hand experience of how different people live.   I have recently transitioned to an instructor in a community college teaching Practical Nurses Communication and I LOVE it. I am also currently enrolled in my Masters of Nursing through Athabasca University and that is how I came to know Merlot.  Looking forward to the rest of GRAPE camp .. is there any wine after this?  :)

Welcome, Tammy.  Wow, you've had some powerful experience in your field.  I know you will find a lot of materials in the Health Sciences collection which is where Nursing is found.  The Editor, Jeanne Sewell, is a good friend of mine.

Hello!

My name is Javier Leung and I am an Instructional Designer. This is my first time taking Grape Camp. I am looking forward review and developer a few resources for web and mobile. Hope this is right discussion thread!

Javier, my apologies for not answering your email.  I have it set up that anytime someone adds to this discussion I get an email.  However, my email address has changed, so I didn't get notified.  I'm pleased to know that Javier did complete GRAPE Camp!  :-)

Hi! I'm Jill Dominique. I posted my background under Discussion Forums, but perhaps I was to post it here. I'm still getting the hang of all the ways we can communicate. Cathy, is this what you mean in your email syllabus when you ask us to post to "Voices"? Looking forward to many dialogues with many of you.

Jill, I'm sorry.  Please see my response to Javier above.  I am happy that you've completed the June GRAPE Camp and have been introduced to your Editor.

Hello everyone.  I'm joining this Grape Camp late, and working through the materials for the first two sessions online and plan to join the collaborate session on July 2.  I am currently in southwestern washington at a small cabin completing a year-long sabbatical which gave me the opportunity to explore educational technologies and social media and the politics of higher education.  When not on sabbatical :) I teach sociology at a small rural public university--Eastern Oregon University, located about 250 miles east of Portland Oregon in a 25 mile-wide mountain valley situated among three mountain ranges. About 50 % of our students attend the university online, so having internet resources for them and for our professors is really important.  I'm happy to see the MERLOT resources for students, and do plan to introduce my students to them.  I look forward to meeting you next week online.

Rosemary Powers

Hi, Rosemary:

See my response above to others.  Thank you also for finishing up.

Hi everyone--

I am an online instructor (History) and instructional designer living in Huntsville, Alabama.  I'm working on instructional modules for a teacher training project and designing for a MOOC at the moment.  I have taught at almost every level for over thirty years, and this is a way for me to give back to everyone who has helped me be a better teacher. 

I am interested particularly in higher education faculty development.  I like working with faculty to help them understand how to organize and package their courses to make the content accessible to a range of learner types.

Hi, Debra:

I'm happy to hear about your interest in Faculty Development.  WE have a lot of materials in that area, so once you become a Peer REviewer, we can keep you busy.  :-)

Greetings,

My name is Linda Kennemore and I am a graduate student from Texas A & M University- Commerce. This is my final class for the program and I am scheduled to graduate in August  2013.  I will have a Masters of Science in Global eLearning. I have an Associates Degree from Hill College(2009) and my B.A.A.S from Texas A & M- Commerce(2011).

I currently work for Hill College in Hillsboro, Texas as a Residence Life Coordinator.  I am also the Region IV Adviser for the Texas Junior College Student Government Association. I love my job as a coordinator, mentor and leader, and love interacting with the students and residents.

My long term goals are to stay in higher education and perhaps do some teaching as well.

I'm happy about being in Grape Camp! Sounds exciting!

Best Regards,

Linda Kennemore

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service