MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

Please introduce yourself here so everyone participating in GRAPE Camp can get acquainted.  You are welcome to share any information you want.  You can also ask questions here.

Views: 435

Replies to This Discussion

Hello my name is Carole Comarcho.  I am the Coordinator of Student Success Courses at Broward College, Central Campus and teach Strategies for Success and College Success Skills courses.  I also teach Higher Education courses.  I helped develop  and teach faculty workshops along with our professional development department to provide Faculty Training for Student Success. I also teach workshops on the Flipped Classroom.

I am delighted to attend this 2014 MERLOT Summer GRAPE camp.  Thanks. Carole

Welcome, Carole.  We have a category in MERLOT (under Academic Support Services) called Career Counseling and Services, which is where we would put Success Skills, I believe.  We certainly can always use other resources so if you know of some, please consider submitting them to MERLOT.  It's easy to do and would really help build that collection.  We don't have an editorial board for that topic, but I think you could make a lot of peer review contributions in Faculty Development.

Thanks Cathy.  I am looking forward to contributing and learning. I am very interested in MERLOT and am excited about the opportunities that are available as well as to share my own experiences.  Carole

I am Jim Kerr, and I am a doctoral candidate at Ohio State University. I returned to graduate school later than most; I already have twenty years in higher education, including IT and ed tech administration, instructional design, faculty and staff development, non-credit instruction, undergraduate instruction, and general administration. My interests include ed tech, digital badges, distance and online learning, and adult learning. I am teaching ed tech courses for UG/G students this upcoming fall and spring semesters.

Great to hear from you, Jeff.  I'm sorry we had such a short session on Tuesday.  Hopefully we'll have some more people attend next week.

With all of your experience, I know you will make some contributions, probably to our Faculty Development Editorial Board. And if you're teaching Ed Tech, you certainly have a great knowledge of it.  Welcome to MERLOT.

I was not in higher ed, but worked in the corporate world for awhile before going back for my Ph.D., so I can empathize with you.  :-)

I am Xin Ye, Assistant Professor of Computer Studies at Rockland Community College. I took the GRAPE Camps training last month. I hope i can join the big family of Merlot peer review group. 

I hope you enjoy reviewing, Xin Ye.  I know that Lynn Aaron, also at Rockland, has been with MERLOT for a LONG time, so she can offer you advice.

Yes, we are in the same department. Now i am going to finish the homework within this week.I need to write a peer review ,and let you know, so you can create a workspace for me ,right?

That's correct.

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service