MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about you.  What do you teach?  Have you used MERLOT before?  Why do you want to peer review? 

Views: 121

Replies to This Discussion

My name is Patrick Davis. I am a member of the Tennessee Board of Regents partnership. I am the Director of Distance Education for Jackson State Community College and Regents Online Campus Collaborative (ROCC) Training Mentor. I hold dual graduate degrees: MBA in Technology Management and MA Ed. in Instruction and Curriculum. I oversee our College's distributed learning systems: CMS (Desire2Learn), LMS (Elluminate), and Videoconferencing (Tandberg). I also manage faculty development and our Technical Helpdesk. I also teach Education classes: Foundation of Education, Introduction to Education and Instructional Technology in Education.
My area of interests are Faculty/ Professional Development and Mobile & APP Technology.
Wow, Patrick. I know we all talk about having way too much to do, but looking at all that you handle, it must keep you VERY busy. We're happy to have you in GRAPE Camp and look forward to having you Peer Review.
Hi!
I am Debbie Lee, an assistant professor of Early Childhood at the Western Illinois University Quad Cities campus. I have my doctorate from the University of Illinois. I came to this position three years ago after teaching preschool and kindergarten for almost 30 years. That should give you an idea of my age (and I was a "late bloomer" as I did not start teaching until late). I am very interested in technology but am most definitely a digital immigrant and hope that my involvement with the Merlot community will help me integrate it into my courses. I also see technology becoming more and more prevalent in the public schools and want my students to be comfortable using it and knowledgeable about what is of good quality. To do that, I first need to educate myself. I am looking forward to learning more.
We're glad to have you, Debbie. I'm sure your wealth of experience in teaching will be appreciated by our Teacher Education Editorial Board. And I'm sure working with MERLOT will help you find resources to use in your classes.
Hi everyone!
I am Becki Keith, and I am an educator in the diagnostic imaging program at Northern Virginia Community College, where I teach in the radiography, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, sonography, and radiation oncology programs. My specialty is teaching sectional anatomy, and I have created my own labeling exercises, and utilize many online components to help my students learn and interact. I also assist in face-to-face cadaver lab sessions.

I also have experience in web design and programming, and am currently the webmaster for the Virginia Society of Radiologic Technologists (http://www.vsrt.org). I create my own Flash exercises and use SoftChalk to help my students.

I also am a wife and mother of two children, and work PRN as a CT Technologist on the weekends.

I look forward to working with everyone! Thanks again!
Becki Keith, MS, RT(R)(CT)
Wow, Becki, you are a busy person. We're happy to have you. I hope you add some of your own materials to MERLOT and share them with others. I'm sure you've got some very creative activities with your background.
I have played a little bit with MERLOT and uploaded one of my labeling exercises just for fun. More incoming! :-D
Great! Keep them coming, Becki. We're happy to have you.
Hi, I just completed session 2 asynchronously. It's really comprehensive, and the peer review process is very well thought out. Allison
Thank you for that feedback, Allison. We want you to feel very prepared for the MERLOT Peer Review Process. You're almost done if you've finished Part 2.
Hi. I'm Lynn Ritchey. I have been at the University of Cincinnati, Raymond Walters College (RWC) since 1996. I received my BA (Sociology/Psychology) and MA (Sociology) from the University of Toledo and my PhD from the University of Cincinnati (Sociology). I have several publications including two peer reviewed resource guides for the American Sociological Association (Teaching Introduction to Sociology a a Hybrid Course: A Resource Guide and Scaffolding for Student Success in Learning: Effective Practices in Using Instructional Strategies). I have consulted with publishers on various aspects of integrating active learning components into the traditional and online classroom. I am currently working with merlot.org on the Sociology Review Board and will be portal editor for Sociology. I maintain two websites: SocioQuest (http://sites.google.com/site/socioquesthighered/home) a repository of internet based sociological assignments and Insider Guide to the Professor's Mind (http://insidetheprofessorsmind.blogspot.com/) a blog designed to assist students in having more successful interactions with their Professors. I am a member of the University of Cincinnati's Academy of Fellows for Teaching and Learning, an honorary and service organization.
We're happy to have you on the Taskforce, Lynn. I know you'll do a great job on the Sociology Portal!

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service