MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

Please introduce yourself here and tell us about yourself. This helps us network with each other.

Views: 356

Replies to This Discussion

Cathy, so nice to be back. My names are Norbert Boruett from Kenya, i am an e and m learning consultant and teach at Masinde Muliro University. I use a lot of materials from Merlot, it make my teaching fun. Materials found at Merlot are of great quality and updated.

Thanks

Norbert

Hi, Norbert:

It's great to hear form you. Happy you are using MERLOT and introducing students to our materials. Are you still peer reviewing?

Hi Norbert. What sort of things do you do as a learning consultant? I am not familiar with that title. What subjects do you teach?

Hello everybody!. First of all I wish to thank MERLOT for giving me the opportunity to take part in Grape Camp asynchronously. My name is Natalia Muñoz-Rujas, I'm finishing my PhD on Engineering Thermodynamics, and I'm also assistant professor of Thermal Engineering at the University of Burgos, in the north of Spain. 

Bienvenidos, Natalia. I know the Engineering Editorial Board will really appreciate your participation. 

Thanks so much, Cathy.

Hi everyone!  I am Whitney Holden.  I have a Ph.D. in Microbiology & Immunology and a bachelor's degree in Biochemistry.  I am in my third year of teaching at the Arkansas School for Mathematics, Sciences, and the Arts (ASMSA), where my duties include teaching online distance classes to students across Arkansas, teaching in-person classes to ASMSA high school students, and organizing STEM outreach events like the annual Summer Research Institute for undergraduate students.  I also teach chemistry as an adjunct professor at National Park College and I run a YouTube channel called Biology Professor, which is getting close to having eight thousand subscribers and almost one million views!  I am looking forward to Day 2 of GRAPE camp today.

Welcome, Whitney.I know the Biology Editorial Board will welcome your expertise. Session 2 kicks off in about 45 minutes, so I look forward to talking to you then.

Hi Whitney. It sounds like you are passionate about your subject and very active. Congratulations on your YouTube channel. That is wonderful.

Hi All,
My name is Bernadette Mirro and I am a Digital Initatives/Reference Librarian at Marymount University in Arlington, VA, USA. I liaison with and support the English composition program, fashion department and interior design department. I look forward to getting to know y'all.

-Bernadette

Thank you for introducing yourself, Bernadette. I think being a Digital Initiatives Librarian has a lot in common with what we do on MERLOT. I'm sorry you weren't able to make today's meeting, but I just sent out the archived session, so you can catch up.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

HI Bernadette. While my current job is not in the library I have my MLIS and its great to see a fellow librarian in this group. Librarians have some unique perspectives on students and their challenges. It will be nice to have someone in the group who can share those.

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service