MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

You can use this space to ask questions and to communicate with others in GRAPE Camp. At least one person is doing this asynchronously, so you can talk with him if he introduces himself here. Just feel free to use it.

Views: 63

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, my name is Camille Fairbourn. I teach online and broadcast statistics and math classes for Utah State University on their Brigham City Regional Campus. I've been teaching at a distance for five years and am happy for this opportunity to give back to the community of educators that I've so shamelessly borrowed materials from as I've developed my courses. There are so many great resource libraries out on the net that sifting through everything just to find the one activity that is going to work in one's own classroom is pretty overwhelming. The peer review and comments section of MERLOT is a great help.

I look forward to meeting and working with all of you!
Welcome, Camille. And no need to be "shameless" about borrowing materials...particularly not in this age of open resources. As we always say at MERLOT, why reinvent the wheel?
I totally agree. I'm teaching a "Technology for Teachers" class this semester and we will definitely be coming here to look for ideas and resources. Perhaps we'll post links to our best class projects here as well! Thanks for the welcome. :)
Hi, my name is Matt Smock. I was in the live GRAPE camp session last week but had problems with my microphone and left Cathy hanging when it was my turn to introduce myself.

I'm Director of Instructional Design, Technology, and Media at Northern Michigan University. I'm interested in MERLOT from multiple perspectives:

1. As a resource for NMU faculty who want to add more interactive learning objects to their courses.
2. As a community in which NMU faculty may pursue their scholarly interest in online and web-enhanced teaching and learning
3. As a faculty development resource.

It is in MERLOT's Faculty Development discipline area where I hope to lend my voice as a peer reviewer.
Welcome, Matt. I know with your experience, you'll make a great addition to the Faculty Development Editorial Board.
Hello World! My name is David and at last, I'm finally attending the GRAPE camp, asynchronously, far away in Hong Kong. Although I am an ICT coordinator, I don't consider myself so much a coordinator as a practitioner; and furthermore, my interest in MERLOT stems not from my teaching profession but my desire to investigate Korean language learning materials on the Web since I am learning the language!
Hello all! Currently, I am the Director of Curriculum and Academic Development at California Coast University. I am looking forward to collaborating with others and finding new ways to enrich our curriculum. Very excited about the GRAPE Camp sessions this month.

Shawn Moustafa - CCU
Glad to hear that, Shawn.
Glad to see you hear, Kip.

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service