MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

Hi, Everyone:

Please take this opportunity to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.  We have a lot of people who are doing GRAPE Camp asynchronously, so it will also help them feel part of the group.

So, tell us who you are, what you teach, why you're enrolled in GRAPE Camp, your thoughts about MERLOT, and anything else you want to say.

If you've got spare time, you can also view comments from people in other GRAPE Camps - i.e. Click on Back to GRAPE Camp.

Views: 62

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Everyone,

I am excited to be part of this prestigious group of educators. I have been in higher education, and training and development for almost thirty years. I am the past chair of the division of business and computer systems at a local undergraduate college. I presently teach doctoral courses at Capella University, and I also teach at Owens Community College in NW Ohio. I have taught both business and education courses, along with having done course design, development and assessment, ISD, and evaluation. I am looking forward to serving as a peer reviewer.

Thank you.

John Klocinski
Hi, John:

Welcome to the Business discipline of MERLOT. We'll be happy to have you, once you finish up your final assignment. :-) With your background, you'll be a very welcome addition.
The Peer Review asks for review time required. Do you consider the time it took for you to explore the material and then to write the review? I spent one evening just "playing" with the site. I then spent a second evening, jotting down my initial notes on the review and then spent a separate time actually scoring the material and revising my notes. Since I put together the review during three separate sittings, do I add all those up? I guess I'm wondering what is the purpose of asking for this?
Hi, Laurieann:
We normally like to consider the total amount of time you spend, so that would include the amount of time you spend looking at it as well as actually reviewing it, as the "looking" is part of the review process. Some will take more time than others.

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service