MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

This is a place in which you can share comments. Please introduce yourself, your institution and the areas in which you teach. Also, please add anything else about yourself. That way we'll know each other better for next week's call.

Views: 87

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

I am Arun Nambiar from California State University - Fresno. I am in the Department of Industrial Technology here at CSU-F. I teach (or have taught) courses in production planning and control, engineering economy, lean manufacturing, simulation, materials, facilities planning, scheduling, discrete-event systems etc.

-arun
Hello fellow GRAPE campers,

I am Heather Seitz from Johnson County Community College in Overland Park, KS. I teach Microbiology and Microbiology Laboratory courses for allied health students. I also occasionally teach an introductory cell biology course. I am already impressed with the materials I have found on MERLOT, and have used them in the classroom. I'm excited to be involved in the peer review process and help to spread the word about this collection of resources.
I won't be in the live discussions, as I teach at that time, but I am listening later and keeping up with all the learning materials.
-Heather
We're glad to have you, Heather. There are actually two different Editorial Boards that you might become involved with: either Biology or Technical Allied Health. You might want to look at materials in both of those communities when you are adding Member Comments. You can decide which one when you finish GRAPE Camp.

If you have any questions in the meantime, just post them here or email me.
Hi to my fellow GRAPE campers. My name is Marie Morin Fetzner and I work in the Educational Technology Services division at Monroe Community College (MCC) in Rochester, NY. I've been involved with online learning since 1997 when MCC began its online learning program. I am a founding member of MCC's "Monroe Model" team that is made up of individuals from all areas of the college that provide comprehensive support to online faculty and students. My academic research interest is related to online student retention. I am an adjunct at MCC where I teach an online College Orientation seminar, and I currently am in the process of developing an online Music course. I am on the editorial board of JALN (Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks) published by Sloan-C, and have done a number of national and state presentations on MCC's online student retention research, on The Monroe Model, on MCC's Green IT Campus Model, Technology planning and other technology topics.
Hi, Marie:
You seem to be an old hand at online learning. Welcome! You should be interested in our Music collection where we have 270 materials: http://www.merlot.org/merlot/materials.htm?category=2181&;

Dave Megill, the Editor of the Music Editorial Board, teaches entirely online, so I'm sure you'll me interested in some of his materials.
Cathy, This is great! Thanks for the information. I'll "see" you tomorrow in GRAPE Camp.

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service