MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

Hi, Everyone:

Because a number of people are completing GRAPE Camp asynchronously, we want to give everyone an opportunity to express his/her views.  Please introduce yourself, tell us something about yourself, and let us know the reasons you are attending GRAPE Camp.

Views: 123

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

I am from Dubai, United Arab Emirates working in an Indian University teaching Media & Communication subjects with special interest in Online & Digital Communication medium, Technology Education, Web Design and Computer Graphics & Animation. 

Great place to learn & teach it seems to me. Excellent work by Cathy Swift and i am really excited to be in the forum for discussions. Hope to bring in more experience and share the same with our students.

We''re happy to have you, Manikandan.  It's wonderful to spread the use and knowledge of MERLOT to the rest of the world.  I'm sure our Faculty Development Editorial Board will make use of your talents in the review process.  Welcome aboard!

Hi, there,

I'm a recent MSLS grad (August 2010) and have recently started teaching two sections of a semester-long information literacy class at a career college. I asked a fellow instruction librarian about ideas for active learning techniques and ideas, and she suggested MERLOT. I'm excited to have found this great resource!

Hello

I'm Haitham A. El-Ghareeb, from Egypt. I teach Information Systems at Faculty of Computers and Information Sciences, Mansoura University. Glad I came into Merlot. Happy to find such a very well organized and specialized community that aims to raise and support e-Learning.

Interested in GRAPE Camp knowing that I can serve others by doing reviews to learning materials available online. Continuous Reviewing keeps you updated, open your minds, and presents new opportunities. Helping others through exchanging thoughts and experience over learning materials is really interesting. Contributing learning materials is more than just sharing to me. "Sharing is Caring". I believe what we are up to here, is far away beyond just sharing. Through GRAPE Camp, hopefully I'll become more oriented by reviewing process and mechanism, become more helpful.

Hi, Haitham:  I think you definitely identified someo of the reasons for using MERLOT.  Hopefully you'll find a lot of resources you can use.
Hello, I'm Cathy from Pennsylvania. I teach part-time at Dover Business College, and am a career & technical education curriculum writer for C-Tech Training, Inc. I have always enjoyed learning and implementing new technologies, so I seek out learning opportunities. I am psyched about joining fellow educators in MERLOT communities and peer reviewing academic content.
Hello, my name is Sue Bauer. I am an instructional designer and adjunct professor in the College of Education at the University of Central Florida. I am attending GRAPE Camp to contribute to teaching and learning and build relationships across the world.  Very excited about this!

Hi, Sue:

When you mention building relationships around the world, I can say it certainly happens in MERLOT.  Right now we have someone from Egypt and someone from Greece attending GRAPE Camp.  I also Skyped yesterday with someone on our Virtual Environments Taskforce who is in Fiji.

Hello, 

My name is Jessica Mead, and I am from Minnesota.  I have a Bachelors in Management and HR and a MBA.  I teach various business courses online at Colorado Technical University in Sioux Falls, SD.  I also work for the City of Luverne where I have been cross-training in accounting, finance, and utilities.  I joined Merlot a few years ago for the resources and decided to take the next step for not only myself but for my students.  I will not be able to attend live every week because of my schedule, but I am looking forward to working with you all!

Hi, Jessica.

Where in MN are you from? I currently live in Orlando, FL but am originally from Apple Valley.

~Sue

Luverne, MN in the SW corner.  What a small world, I lived in Tampa for a few years.  We could use some of that warm weather, this week we were at a -25 wind chill.

Hello,

I am Shermon Cruz, Philippines. Currently, a Professor in Political Science, Economics and Public Administration at Northwestern University, Philippines. I am also a policy consultant in a provincial local legislative assembly.

My interest includes futures studies, public policy and community organizing development. I was informed about MERLOT when I was browsing the World Futures Studies Federation Website and found the link of MERLOT in the website.

Joining the session gives me a sense of excitement and interest. Learning and exploring different forms of methods in reviewing academic materials and journals, etc. in Merlot is extraordinary.

Thanks and more power....

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service