MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

Hi, Everyone:

Because a number of people are completing GRAPE Camp asynchronously, we want to give everyone an opportunity to express his/her views.  Please introduce yourself, tell us something about yourself, and let us know the reasons you are attending GRAPE Camp.

Views: 123

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I've been told it wasn't very professional, so I do plan on doing something different when I get the time.
Hi, I'm Sandy Ridings, A Nurse Educator from Flinders Medical Centre in Adelaide, South Australia. I teach post graduate nurses in areas of oncology, orthopaedics, neuroscience, vascular access and technology. I have qualifications in multimedia design with basic web authoring and graphic design skills. I have a passion for usability and have undertaken some website design reviews during my studies. I enjoyed meeting fellow grapes asynchronously today and will try and join live next time if I can work out the time / date in my time zone.

Welcome, Sandra.  The day and time of our session is 06:00:00 p.m. Thursday April 14, 2011 in GMT If you can figure your time zone from that, perhaps you can join us. 

I used a time zone converter and found:

01:00:00 p.m. Thursday April 14, 2011 in US/Central converts to 
03:30:00 a.m. Friday April 15, 2011 in Australia/South

So, that is rather early for you.  You certainly are welcome to join us, but you won't get much sleep that night.

I know that Jeanne Sewell, the Editor of Health Sciences Editorial Board will be happy to work with you.

Hi,
My name is Amy Moberg and I teach Horticulture and Environmental Science at Anoka Technical College in Anoka, MN. It is on the outskirts of Minneapolis/St. Paul. I actually have been through Luverne, MN, Jessica. I have enjoyed my time browsing Merlot in my area and am saddened that more is not posted in it. There are several pieces found in the general area that could be “planted” in Agriculture and Environmental Sciences. I guess I’ll have to get busy and author some.

Hi All,

My name is Matt Badtke, I am a professor who teaching biology and microbiology courses both on ground and online. I have been teaching for about 5 years. I have found that MERLOT is an excellent resource that can be used in many different situations. I would like to participate in GRAPE camp to help make the site even better and get the word out about these great resources available for free!

Hello everyone,

I am excited to join your GRAPE Camp. My name is Glen Jenewein. I am a Professor for Kaplan University and I teach in the Information Systems and Technology School. I have been teaching online for almost 18 years now and love it. I have used Merlot at some of the schools that I have taught at. This is the first time I have decided to become more active.

I live in Washington State in a little city called Battle Ground.

It is nice to meet everyone.

Glen

Hi there everyone.  I'm Harpell Montgomery, and I'm an assistant professor with the Faculty of Social Work at the University of Regina in sunshiny Saskatoon Canada.  I completed my undergrad and masters degrees through distance ed using the technologies of the day - correspondence, teleconference, listserv, etc. - and I've been teaching on-line and developing undergraduate courses for on-line delivery with Indigenous and culturally diverse audiences for about 10 years now.

My research interests within Social Work relate to Indigenous peoples, Canadian social policy, and child welfare.  I'm of Mi'kmaq ancestry myself, and my PhD research focusses on the experience of off-campus Native American learners within e-learning environments.

I remember looking into MERLOT resources a few years back, but I didn't find many that I could use in the sort of courses I teach, but since enrolling in Grapecamp in April 2011, I see that a more robust inventory is beginning to develop.  That's great!

Hi! I'm Pam Dunning, an Assistant Professor at Troy University (Atlantic Region) in the Master of Public Administration program. I mainly teach research methods, program evaluation, strategic planning & governmental budgeting classes.

I thought I had posted last week but evidently not.One comment on the Business Peer Review Tutorial, Part 4, at times, the slides disappeared during the discussion. I appreciate having the hard copy so I could look at those while listening. I'm looking forward to completing my first review!

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service