Request for Proposal
Establishing or Expanding Campus AL$ Projects
Release date: March 15, 2016
Each CSU campus may submit one proposal for funding to augment the resources they are using to implement their campus AL$ program.
- Proposal due date: April 1, 2016
- Amount of funding: Up to $20K per campus
- Funding will be distributed in early May for implementation in fall 2016 and spring 2017.
Use the AL$ Project Planning & Reporting Template (see attached) to include the following items:*
- An overview of the AL$ initiative’s objectives, challenges, potential measures of success, and existing campus priority(ies) such as the Graduation Initiative, Course Redesign with Technology, High Impact Practices, etc. Please include a summary of the project and outcomes achieved in the past year or if the project is on target to achieve its projected milestones/goals.
- A designated campus AL$ coordinator(s).
- A list of campus partner organizations or departments with whom you will be collaborating to implement your project.
- You will need at least two partner organizations, for example, the library, bookstore, learning assistance center, faculty development center, academic technology department, and/or others.
- The campus center for students with disabilities must be one of your partner organizations to coordinate access to AL$ services for students with disabilities.
Marketing & Communications
- Include a marketing and communication plan considering campus stakeholders and potential activities/outreach for the awareness, discovery, and adoption of low/no cost materials. Include showcasing faculty accomplishments and student savings at the year’s end.
Technologies, Facilities, Policies, Resources
- Include a plan for leveraging campus resources and staff.
- Provide an estimated budget to define the amount of funds for each type of expense. People matter most. No equipment will be funded.
- Your project must provide data on the amount of money students saved through your AL$ program. Course/sections and student savings’ reports based on the AL$ Reporting Savings template are requested by Dec 1, 2016 (end of fall semester) and June 1, 2017 (end of spring semester).
* Campuses who received an AL$ grant last year may apply for a new grant to expand their campus AL$ implementations. Your proposal for your “new” project still needs to address the basic requirements listed above.
Your proposal submission should utilize the AL$ Project Planning & Reporting Template and include a brief cover letter signed by the Provost.
We will be happy to review your proposal before the due date.
Submit questions, proposal, and reports to:
Leslie Kennedy, email@example.com or (562) 833-7764